July 13, 2012
Next Week on CANADA AM – Marci Learns to Sail, Beating the Heat, Jordan Todosey, Munro Chambers from DEGRASSI, Jewel Staite from THE L.A. COMPLEX and More…
For Immediate Release – July 12, 2012
To tweet these highlights: http://bit.ly/M7rGgN
Watch Beverly Thomson, Marci Ien and Jeff Hutcheson on CANADA AM, weekdays beginning at 6 a.m. ET on CTV and CTV News Channel. Visit CANADA AM online at www.canadaam.ctv.ca for full episodes, top stories, CANADA AM extras, daily show info, featured recipes, book reviews, technology headlines, and contributor stories.
Monday, July 16
• SAIL LIKE OLYMPIANS: Sailing made its Olympic debut in Paris 1900, and with the exception of St. Louis 1904, the sport has appeared at every Olympic Summer Games since. This morning, Marci Ien catches up with Greg Douglas, a member of Canada’s Olympic team on the waters of Lake Ontario. Douglas shares how he’s preparing for London 2012 and puts Ien through Sailing 101.
• DEGRASSI SEASON 12: Jordan Todosey and Munro Chambers from the MuchMusic original series DEGRASSI chat about Season 12 of the Canadian hit show, premiering Monday night at 10 p.m.
• WHERE SPACE MEETS EARTH: Canadian science icon Jay Ingram joins CANADA AM to preview Monday night’s landmark Discovery Science special looking at the last frontier before space – known the world over as The Cosmic Shore.
• PETS & HEAT: As the mercury soars, CANADA AM looks at ways to keep pets healthy and happy during the “dog days” of summer.
Tuesday, July 17
• EAT LIKE A PRO: Robert Bartley, the director of culinary services and executive chef for MLSE, tells CANADA AM how he prepares high performance food for the Toronto FC and shows how to prepare healthy choices for young athletes.
• THE L.A. COMPLEX: The critically-acclaimed original series THE L.A. COMPLEX returns to MuchMusic for Season 2 Tuesday night and this morning, CANADA AM talks to Executive Producer, Writer and Director of the series Martin Gero and Jewel Staite who stars as the struggling actress Raquel.
• GOLFING ETIQUITTE: Top golfer, Stephen Ames gives CANADA AM’s Jeff Hutcheson a lesson in golf etiquette
• BEAT THE HEAT: Dr. Marla Shapiro talks about what it means when a heat alert is issued, along with the best ways to stay cool and stay healthy.
Wednesday, July 18
• PRO PIT-STOP: CANADA AM’s Jeff Hutcheson gets a lesson on how to complete a pit-stop from former Canadian NASCAR driver Ron Fellows in the CANADA AM parking lot.
• WEDDING CELEBRATIONS ON THE CHEAP: Tara O’Grady, wedding expert and owner of Bliss Events has four fun and stylish pre-wedding party ideas that are low on cost and on calories.
• GARDENING TIPS FOR EXTREME HEAT: CANADA AM’s green thumb gardening expert Mark Cullen talks about how to manage your lawn and garden during an extreme heat spell.
Thursday, July 19
• HEALTHY BBQ TIPS: The Loonyspoons sisters, Janet and Greta Podleski have calorie saving ideas for BBQ season like tossing the bun off that burger, or skipping the sauce.
• DIY SUMMER TREATS: Andrea Donsky, Registered Holistic Nutritionist shows CANADA AM viewers how to make summer classics healthier including ways to pack the health into the summer treats the whole family will love.
Friday, July 20
• THE PERFECT STEAK: Chef Jason Carter of Centro Restaurant in Toronto demonstrates how make the perfect steak using the Sous-Vide technique.
• FILM FRIDAY: CANADA AM’s film critic Richard Crouse reviews one of the most anticipated movies of the summer – The Dark Knight Rises.
CANADA AM is Canada’s most-watched national morning newsmagazine. Since its launch in 1972, CANADA AM has brought Canadians a unique blend of hard news and lifestyle stories, featuring in-depth interviews with top newsmakers, celebrities and musical stars. Lis Travers is the Vice-President and Executive Producer for CANADA AM and Wendy Freeman is the President of CTV News.
- CTV -
For more information, please contact:
Shannon Gallagher, Bell Media, 416-384-4623 or email@example.com
Renee Dupuis, Bell Media, 416-384-3154 or firstname.lastname@example.org
> Print friendly version